Saturday, January 8, 2011

SECOND DAY AT SEA

Thursday,  Jan 06, 2011

Gorgeous day. We slept in until eight, and went to breakfast in the elegant dining room. Lovely view. I had the Eggs Royale, which is like Eggs Benedict  with Salmon rather than Canadian bacon.  Yum.

After breakfast I went to the library to buy minutes and met one of the musicians.  After talking a bit, she said the crew gets a discount on the internet soooo, I went in search of an answer and found that yes, I could pay $40 for 450 minutes and get a card.  How much better is that than $250 for 1000 minutes. 

Lifeguard drill at 10:30 We met David and Annette.  She’s an editor.  I wrote from 1-2  by the pool. We had late lunch at 2 on the Lido Deck where the pools are after hearing a lecture on the Caribbean by Dr. Adrian Cooper from London.  Interesting. 

I still don’t know my teaching schedule and am waiting for my internet card.  Tea at 3 where I met an interesting woman from the Netherlands.  Tea was served in the Crow’s nest, a lounge on the top floor that boasts a panoramic view.  Lovely tea. 
               
It’s now after five and I have been at the pool since 3:45. It’s perfect. My computer is home, rejuicing.  Speaking of juice—we get fresh squeezed OJ. Oh, and one more thing: they have chocolate bread pudding. Uh-oh, I’m in trouble here.

No comments: