Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sailing Sailing Over the Deep Blue Sea

July 13,  Day 9 at Sea

Missed posting for a few days as internet wasn’t the best. Or maybe it's my timing. 
We had a great day, just hanging out. I worked on my book for a while. Got my Guidepost book back and began the rewrites.  Nothing truly major this time.  I walked a fair amount, and that is a good thing. 

At 2 pm I had my creative writing class.  Writing Beyond What You See.  Had a good sized group again.  Talked about getting under the surface. It went well except for the flower arranging people who had the theater after me.  They came in a bit too early.  But ah well.  Grace!

Evening festivities were amazing.  Formal again.  The entire ship was decorated in black and silver as we had the Captain’s Black and Silver Ball.  Amazing.  Sadly, Ron (still without dress shoes) decided to eat dinner in his room.  I on the other hand was not about to pass  up lobster so I ate in the dining room in my black and silver top with matching jacket and dress slacks.  I looked rather elegant if I do say so myself. J  After dinner, Ron joined me at our favorite piano bar. We later went to the ball.  The floor and tables were littered with tiny black hats and silver stars.  People danced on stage as well as on the dance floor.  We didn’t dance.  By then it was past ten and I couldn’t keep my eyes open.  I noticed a number of people yawning.  J  We walked out on the promenade deck for a bit before retiring.  What a life.

No comments: