Monday, January 17, 2011

Rough Waters

January 17,   Day 13 at Sea

We are still at sea and we still have ocean-like waves and whitecaps in the pool.  I spent much of the morning preparing power point for my class and writing some.  I’m doing quite a few power point presentations and suspect I’ll have about 45 different classes when I’m through. Tried to get on line earlier, but we are at sea in the middle of nowhere so signals aren’t the greatest.

I have taken seasick pills twice today.  During my class I wobbled about a little, feeling like I’d had a glass of wine too many.  Diane, one of my students said to do the Tai Chi horse pose or some such with my knees bend slightly.  Also green apples are supposed to help.

My class was called Let’s Get Ideas and I talked about not only getting ideas, but unblocking the mind so ideas could flow. I talked about creativity being locked up by criticism and fear.  Also talked about releasing those critics and embracing ones creativity. 

After class, I met Ron in the Crow’s Nest for tea and then headed to Lido deck to have a short swim and hot tub.  It’s such a nice place.

Dinner is always a fascinating affair—interesting foods prepared in interesting ways.  And almost everything is good.  There is a romance writer on board who comes to my classes. I have yet to meet her for a one on one.  It’s interesting how you see some people nearly everywhere you go, but others you rarely if ever encounter. 

Tonight’s show time features a piano duet. 
Signing off and hoping for a good connection. 

No comments: